Acids, bases, and pH
The Learning Targets:
Students will describe the difference between acids and bases.
Students will relate pH to the concentration of hydronium ions and hydroxide ions in a solution.
Use Pages 678-690 in the book and write your answers on a piece of paper in your notebook.
1. Define acids and give an example.
2. What are some properties of acids?
3. Define bases and give an example.
4. What are some properties of bases?
5. Draw and label a pH scale. Indicate strong and weak acids and bases.
6. Define indicator and give an example.
7. Define neutralization and list the two products of neutralization
Below is the button that will take you to the virtual lab for acids, bases, and pH. Click on the button and follow the directions on your handout and virtual lab "procedure" to complete the lab.